It has been deemed relatively difficult to define the characteristics of a good architecture. You should rest assured when there has been energetic debate on the term architecture, it would actually imply an enterprise system in the 21st century.
There have been three essential characteristics of a good architecture. These would be inclusive of:
- Durability – The architecture should stand up strongly and remain in the best possible condition.
- Utility – The architecture should be functional and useful for the people using it.
- Beauty – The architecture should be delightful for the people. It should raise the spirits of the people.
Understanding the qualities of a good architecture
In order to be effective, you should rest assured that the architecture should have several qualities or characteristics. It would be pertinent to mention here that the enterprise architect should provide an extensive set of features along with the tools for assisting the architect produce architectures that have been of high quality.
Some of the essential qualities along with the description of how an architect could be used to make sure the overall qualities have been built into architecture are given below.
- Strength – It should be robust without being susceptible to minor changes.
- Feasibility – It should meet the goals and objectives of the enterprise.
- Utility – It should have utility for the people and provide practical outcome.
- Durability – It should be durable and resilient to various changes in business and technical environments.
- Flexibility – It should be flexible having the ability to adapt to ever-changing conditions.
- Elegant – The architecture should have both functionality and form. It has been deemed a great test for measuring the elegance of the architecture.
Yet other qualities of architecture would entail it being verifiable and traceable. It would be pertinent to mention here that you should consider these qualities in the architecture before finalizing the project.